Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, November 10, 2005

New Driveway

Alright so we are having a new driveway done at my house. The reason for said driveway was because we had a new garage built in August and now there is a pretty large gap between the current driveway and the concrete slab that the garage is on. We could have done something really ghetto, maybe what Red would do on the "Red Green Show" and use duct tape in some fashion. This however seemed like a bad idea, also because the driveway is about 50 years old, cracking and generally in a hopeless state we figured why not add a nice new concrete driveway to match our nice new garage. I mean come on, concrete can't be THAT expensive can it? Wrong!So I find a concrete contractor to do the driveway, I like him because he doesn't wait for me to ask about something but beats me to it and suggests ideas that could look nice, and for me I like that as I'm not all that creative (hence blogger). I signed a contract and he said it wouldn't be till mid November when he could start, and so on Monday having not heard from him I decided to call him. I left a message with his administrative assistant and about lunch time he calls me back. So keep in mind I haven't heard from him since mid September and the first thing he says is, "Well I'm thinking about tearing up your driveway tomorrow, is that alright with you?". Me being easy going and really looking forward to having this done is alright with that, now comes the reason for this post. He has everything set to pour the concrete tomorrow however there is one thing in the back of the house that I'm not sure if SG likes. The only problem with this is that she happens to be in Atlanta for a EPA tree hugging contest, err conference.

So after a rousing conversation where she tells me that she cannot possibly imagine what I am talking about, which truthfully I can understand. I decide that I should just take some pictures and then find a place to store said pictures and link them from the blog. So this is the first post with me trying to use Picasa/Bloggerbot, so here goes SG, I hope these pictures help you to see what I was talking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home