Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, December 08, 2005

White Death in C-Bus

White death (snow) came to c-bus tonight and sadly I have to admit that I may not have been one of the brightest cats on the prowl. C-busians aren't as bad about snow as say Texans might be, however we are by no means the hardened veterans that the residents of say Maine are. Tonight I had the bright idea of going to work out, that's right I can totally psychoflex a spoon right now, really though the not so bright thing was going out and not fully brushing my car off. For whatever reason Honda can make a car that you can drive into the next apocalypse, come out unscathed and get 50+ mpg. When it comes to Civic's and power windows, let me tell that there is the kryptonite of Honda. My passenger side window rolls down so slow... wait who am I kidding it doesn't roll down anymore. It's not so much that it doesn't want to it, it wants too, it tries too, but it can't, it's just too old and tired (seriously I can hear the little mice grunting trying to roll it down). So I choose not to brush my car off and was treated to an experience much like a horse with blinders must feel like, except there isn't anyone on top of my car whipping me and telling me where to go. On top of that I choose to change lanes a couple of times in my 1 1/2 mile commute to the gym and that caused my car to nearly spin off the road and cause me to crap myself, twice. I then arrived at the gym only to be stared at by the attendents like "What in the hell is wrong with you, don't you know WHITE DEATH is abound". GAAAH!

1 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Blogger Josh Glover said...

This is precisely why I think that only Southerners know how to drive. :)

I grew up having to know how to drive in snow, because in the mountains of (not West!) Virginia, we got quite a lot of it. Imagine my surprise when I moved to Williamsburg for university and people panicked and shopped the stores clean out of canned goods every time there was even an inch of accumulation!

C-busians are a little better than that--wait, maybe they are worse, since they cannot drive in the snow worth a damn but they lack the sense to stay home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home