Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Monday, December 05, 2005

Kegbot

Sure I imagine if I have read about this in Popular Science then it's been on the web for at least a year and no this isn't the Kegbot from the beer commercial. You know the one where the midget.... I mean vertically challenged individual is actually inside a metal box distributing beer. There's a point where the Kegbot is starring at the home owners wife in the shower and he says, oh nevermind it's not really important forget that Kegbot, forget it I said! Now leave it up to a software engineer to take something social and primordial and turn it into a scientific experience where one can measure and watch their own downward spiral into a vomit cloud haze of suffering. What were the previous leaps in beer drinking technology, well the kegerator comes to mind as the precursor to the Kegbot and of course there is the beer bong. But how can a beer bong possibly compare with this.... wait a second you can make a beer bong from a tube, and some plastic placemates tapped together, the cost is almost nothing and there's no computer cutting you off or controlling your beer intake. TAKE THAT CRUEL HAND OF SCIENCE!

All this aside it doesn't mean that I don't want to make one it's just pretty dorky. I however would like to see one more addition to the Kegbots software. I would like to have different visualization options by which you can track who is ahead in the race towards self destruction. Maybe there could be a race track around which glasses of beer with the pictures of the drinking individuals race, as people drop out they get little vomit icons over their heads and the fall over. Or maybe I can just drink until I hear the little voice in my head say "Now SFB you could stop drinking and sober up or you can keep drinking and most likely start insulting mild mannered rehabilitating hippies". Strangely it's always the war painted college student voice with his hands raised above his head letting out primordial screams that I tend to listen too (Note to self more interesting link to kegbot).This Kegbot thing does get me thinking that maybe I should start working on my own little projects again. These being a WOT (Wheel of Time) information tracking website where as people read and find bits of information about anything in the book they could enter it and link the information to what it is describing in a sort of Wikipedia like fashion. That way I won't have to re-read the tome that is the Wheel of Time every three our four years just to remember why so and so is talking to so and so. I have a database layout, I did it a few years ago I just have get down to actually coding it. Then there's the Christmas/Stocking exchange website that I would like to do for my family, I could use something that's already out there but then, what would be the fun in that, actually I think my SG mentioned that to me. And I'm pretty sure I replied with "What's the fun in that".

While I'm onto projects and inventions this beer belly blatter thing would be great for the Kentucky Derby since they don't allow you to bring your own booze in. The gadget itself is pretty damn cool, I mean it's perfect for a country that A. Does not allow open containers in public and B. Is full of overweight people. It doesn't however change the fact that I'm not entirely sure how I am supposed to feel about the person modeling it. He creeps me out just like the Brawny commercial with the announcer with the deep voice and the "brawny" guy in a plaid shirt cleaning up the kitchen, baking cakes and wiping icing off of dog's noses ICK! Don't get me wrong I'm all about cleaning up one's dog but the way the commercial did it it made me feel wrong and for that Brawny should be made to pay! Pay I said!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home