Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Odds and Ends

So I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to feel about "The Boondocks" that's now playing on Adult Swim. I really dig the introduction (song and animation) and I generally find it humorous but I'm not really sure if me being the white/cracker/honkey person that I am SHOULD be laughing. I mean can I laugh at humor that is all about a people and culture that I have no real perspective on other than what I see on T.V.? What I do know is that whenever ANYONE talks about themselves in the third person, that shit cracks me up, like for example in the "Guess Hoes Coming To Dinner" episode "A pimp called slickback" had a line that was just priceless.

"Let us pray the pimp's prayer. Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch. And guide my pimp hand and make it strong, Lord that she might know a ho's place. Amen."


On to other odds and ends, whenever I'm doing boring monotonous chores around the house (like ironing button down shirts that look like someone else wore them and then had the wildest most crazy romp fest) I start to think about an episode from "Millenium". The one where these demons are all sitting around a card table playing poker talking about how humans are kind of dumb in that if we are indeed God's choosen why is it that we are always doing such monotonous tasks. As they are talking about this they keep showing different scenes of people going to the laundrymat, buying groceries, cleaning their houses, ironing etc, etc. Now the really strange thing is why would I even THINK about a show that I watched like eight years ago and remember parts of an episode that wasn't even typical of the show (It wasn't typical because it was a light hearted parody). Really the episode that keep remembering bits of that freaks me out is the one where Frank is chasing some demonic serial killer and his boss somehow gets caught up in it and ends up with a giant Bowie knife stuck in his chest. I dunno something about giant Bowie knives stuck in chests that always gives me the willies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home