Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Good times

Tonight we had a happy hour/good luck send of for jail bait. Before I get to far into this let me explain that the "jail bait" nickname is not supposed to be mean it's just that for the longest time we assumed she was young enough to be jail bait. Anyway she is taking a job with company called ADL Technologies which should offer her some better pay but more importantly some opportunities in Latin America. She's one of those international types that has spent her life in different areas of the world. Her parents are both Korean but she was born and raised in Argentina, and went to a private school where they spoke Itallian and English. Lets keep track of this here, Korean.. check, Itallian... check, Spanish... check, oh and of course she speaks English too. She then came to C-bus to go to school at OSU (I refuse to call it "The" Ohio State University, mainly because I'm irritating like that), graduated and was working at my company part time while trying to decide where to go for graduate school.

Tonight was pretty alright though I got to hang out with Bentley and jail bait (co-worker who is leaving) and get some good hanging out time, which for me is really important. I think in some way I really feed off of that kind of time, need it in a way. I have found I am most happy when I am just hanging out and having a good time, talking and getting to know people. Strangely as I get older I start to find that it gets harder and harder to do that, I'm not sure if it's because of the walls I throw up around myself or if I just don't bother to try most of the time. We turned out to stay at pockets a bit longer than we thought mainly because at about 7:50pm or so we realized happy hour was about to finish up and JB hadn't had her desired 10+ drinks yet. Bentley and I went up to the bar and decided to order 6 more beers however due to a mis-understanding with the bartender we got 8 instead of 6.

Fast forward an hour and a half later and I get a slightly grumpy call from my Surly Girl asking if we are getting food tonight. Apparently I did not communicate properly with her and she had assumed that we were getting pizza. Being as my co-workers were a little too tipsy to drive anywhere and because JB really likes Hound Dogs, we all went over to Hound Dogs for some tasty pizza, more good conversation and then back to our house to hang out and watch a little Initial D.

Initial D BTW is turning out to have some pretty decent production value, and is actually a pretty good movie. Actually I take it back it's not just decent it's really fantastic, I'm watching a sequence of five hair pin turns, no CG in site and it's just fantastic to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home