Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Monday, June 26, 2006

The King of all Comfest giveth you an encore.

Friday I called off, very sick all that rain and my not giving a FUCK about work. Turned out it was a good day to take off work as some client called in wanting to do the impossible.... use our product. Then once they started the whole process they realized that they really didn't want to do it anymore and they stopped. All that staying late for nothing, Huzah. Clients suck.

Friday morning I woke up bright and early at 11am went over and did some cardio, because, well I workout only because I'm not creative to think of anything else to do. Today was the start of Comfest and so a good friend of mine and I went and caught Giganta on the Bozo stage. The show itself was pretty good though I think it might have been more because it was entertaining to watch a seven month pregnant woman bounce across the stage like a giant mega super bouncy ball. There was also this guy wearing jeans and a cammo jacket and I'm not sure if he was mentally disabled or just really high as he would break into little bits of Napoleon Dynamite-esque dancing. Which is strange in a ha ha look at that guy dance all freaky I just hope he isn't retarded because then I might feel bad sort of way. I will say the guy could dance a mean jig to the jagged Joan Jett like sounds coming from Giganta.

Comfest is a lot of local music which can be a problem because I'm not a big local music sort of guy, it's not that I dislike music it's just that I find most amateur musicians resemble drunken cats at a late night karaoke session. They don't lack the energy and passion to get their music across but it's the talent that is wanting and I have a hard time throwing up cash and time for someone that sounds more like an 8th grader at a junior high talent show. Not knocking you starving musicians you do what drives you and that is admirable, it's not you it's me, I suck and I apologize but I'm trying to get better. We left at about 4:30pm and then came back about 8pm and saw bits and pieces of a few more shows and eventually found ourselves back at the main stage to hear the closing act "The Suns" (Sound files off of Woxy) which reminded me vaguely of an edgier "Death Cab for Cutie". I have nothing else to back this up on, I haven't heard any of their music other than what I heard that night though I will say that I am intrigued. The highlight of the night other than "The Suns" was the announcer for the night who was this guy with long flowing grey locks who got gradually more intoxicated as the night went on. When "Autumn Under Echoes" finished the crowd started chanting that they wanted an encore. The King of all Comfest looked down upon his subjects and said:

"Yea but you have already had one encore and I cannot giveth you another, it would not be wise in my wisdom to give you my subjects more than thy shouldeth."

The crowd continued their chants and after a minute or two while leaning on the microphone and letting the volunteers clear off most of "Autumn Under Echoes" gear The King of all Comfest looked back down hearing the cries of his people and said:

"I now realizith that you do indeed want an encore and I shall give it to you. But realize with one hand I can giveth you an encore and with the other hand I can rend you asunder and eat your little babies with my tiny sharpened teeth."

Seriously he totally did that.

So Comfest right you may think that it's this music festival full of hippies and their dogs.. well there are hippies and their dogs but there are other people too. It really is a community music festival where anyone that likes music or just wants to get drunk and watch music makes it out. You could read the about Comfest section of the site though I will admit that I did not bother doing that, I hates the reading unless it's about people stuck in a perpetual dark ages fighting dragons, and casting spells and never EVER discovering gun powder. That's my one rub with fantasy books, how in the hell can someone write books that have this history of hundreds even thousands of years where society never evolves or discovers anything. Seems silly, but I'm always in for a good dragon slaying. Where was I? Oh yes Comfest among all he music stages there are also booths upon booths with anything from art, to informational/organizational stands to most importantly the food booths which I am most interested in. My tally for the day was one salted pecan ice cream from Jenny's, a Gyro that as Olaf said we should have gone and gotten a better Gyro from somewhere else just to wash the taste out, a bratwurst from Schmidt's and last of all a homemade German style soft pretzel. I tried to get beer but the lines were too long and the beer way to expensive ($12 for 32oz of beer). I didn't make it out Saturday due to doing some work on the house and Sunday I was putting together a 1964 Corvette's engine with much supervision of others who don't have spatial issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home