Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Shiny grumpy people holding hands.

Post Post Post the egg into the bowl, so today I found a bug in Evolution. And before anyone gets their soggy wet panties in a bunge I'm talking about a mail client for Linux that looks like, smells like and feels like Microsoft's Outlook, you know the thing that you check your mail with. Le's continue, at work we switched over to use a different mail server a few weeks ago so that now all your mail resides in some centralized and hopefully backed up place. The old system was that you downloaded all your mail directly onto your machine and if your machine went down God and Linux Torvalds help you if you ever wanted to read any of that email. That or you could try to become fluent in 1's and 0's something only a looney would want to do, LOOOONEY. I finally got fed up with the fact that my e-mail signature wasn't appearing on my emails anymore and thought that maybe because of the new new mail service that I added that I'd have to create a new signature associated with this mail service. I went to the preferences screen created a new signature using the same name as an existing signature and 10 seconds later Evolution starts crashing over and over again. HEAR that Evolution development group I've got a BUG for you and I didn't create it. MWA HA HA HA HAAAAA! Oh the power, I'm drunk on the power of finding a bug, this is what it must be like for the people that "test" the crap we write at work. Servants fetch me a Jack and Coke and make it light on the Coke or heads will roll.

Last night was 'D-Day' at Battelle Hall for another Ohio Roller Girl bout. This one was even more lightly attended than the last one which while making me disgusted with the lack of love that my fellow Moo-Towners must feel for their Roller Derby I was cheered up by the fact that no one left until the end so it was just the hardcore fans. The matches themselves are getting better and better as I think the girls are becoming much more competent skaters, they are also getting a lot more physical and nasty. At one point in the second match between the "Band of Brawlers" and the "Take Outs" one of the "Take Outs" blockers nudged/body checked the "Band of Brawlers" Jammer right out of the ring. The Jammer then had to skate around the announcer booth and back through the opposing teams area before entering the track again. Excellent. There were a lot more cross track body checks, Jammers getting sandwiched by blockers, fantastic Jams by the Jammers and fantastic blocking ... well by the blockers. My favorite team right now has got to be the the "Take Outs" due to it's players "Pippi RipYourStockings", "Ruby Doom" and "Hellion BOI". Pippi tears through the opposing teams blockers sometimes effortlessly and other times like a fricking linebacker taking hit after hit and never going down. Ruby Doom is a blocker that knocks people over just by looking at them and Hellion BOI attacks people with the fervor of a crazed rabid mongoose. She's got to be all of 100 lbs. and that 100 lbs. is hell bent on hitting whoever gets in her way. I also really dig the "Blackeyed Bullies" though most of what I remember of their match with the "Sprockettes" seems to have been driven out of my head by what I saw in the second match. Next time I'll pay better attention as I'm sure if I don't their mascot will come to my house and bust my knee caps. All and all excellent time and I'm really looking forward to the next bout in July.

1 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goal is to knock down every player from the opposing team just once in the bout. And the hard hitters 100x’s. So I try to be insane out there!! But The Take-Outs are nothing without YOU!! Great writing my friend!

Paz – HellionBOI~>

Btw, do Mongoose eat snakes? LOL!! =^D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home