Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, January 19, 2006

A kick in the ass.

There are times in my life where I look at what I just said or did, and realized... HOLY SHIT you're fucking weird. Mornings may be best time for maximum to the extreme weirdness. I seem to go from zombie, you couldn't wake me up with a fucking bull horn to walking around singing songs. Songs may be a stretch I mean it would be one thing if I was singing jingle bells, livin la vida loca, or even toxigenic. I however sing phrases. The phrase "A kick in the ass" was what I was singing a few days ago, can you imagine a song built around the phrase "a kick in the ass". Over and over again I sang "A kick in the ass.. A kick in the ass , A kick in the ass " after awhile I'd mix it up you know, break it down, do my white boy scat and throw little non sensical sounds in and change the tone at which I was singing. This singing really freightens me, I mean it just might be the greatest single example of how our personalities are formed from environmental factors while growing up. My mother used to walk into my bedroom when I was growing up and would sing songs at me, they wouldn't be whole songs, sometimes they wouldn't even be songs. Can you imagine being tweleve years old and being woken up by your mother singing "I heard the witch doctor he gave me this advice he said, oooh ooh iii ah ahhh ting tang walla walla bing bang, ooo ooh iii aa aahh ting tang walla bang". I shit you not. That's weird but for years my mother was singing snippets of Beetles songs, you know Beetles, bad teeth, revolutionary hair, black suits, english accents, yellow submarine, The Beetles and didn't even realize that what she was singing was The Beetles. HUH?!? I mean holy crap the world stopped when The Beetles came to the US and that probably didn't even make it on the mental RADAR of my beloved Ma. Was my mother a bad singer? No, quite good actually. Why did my family not like her singing? I'm not sure. I actually feel bad now that I'm older I mean my mother loves to sing, it's something she does unconciously, HELL at least she sings real songs unlike her son SFB who sings such great chart topping numbers like "A KICK IN THE ASS".

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually like to read your blogs. They are long, but entertaining.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Josh Glover said...

I found myself singing "Holy shit" this morning, just like you taught me! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home