Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Midas Beer Touch

Nothing that so much as requires a post but as I am here I figured ... whhhhy not. About a week or so ago I was over at my favorite little carry out (Palmer Beverage) and noticed that they had the Dogfish Head Midas Touch. Since I heard about it on the tele, I figured why not buy some of this historic brew, I mean come on it's history in a bottle with a wee bit o' booze. Oh and because I can't seem to help myself I purchased another six pack of Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale (Scotch Ale, an I.P.A., and an American Brown), the grand total for my kingly purchase of beer? ~24 bones... so for $24 you'd think that this would be some of the best damn beer ever, right? Well the Midas Touch is good, it's fruity and is lightly flavored with some really nice spices but, but really what it comes down to for me is I'm not a fruity beer person. Give a good brown ale, porter, stout, chocolate stout, lager or a pilsner but IPA's are too bitter and fruity beer is just too, well too fruity. Oh and if you ever happen to run across said gold in a bottle it will run approximately $14 per four bottles, yaowza. Maybe I just need to start drinking forties again, now there is a bargain that even King Midas would like. As for the Indian Brown Ale? Well I found it to be quite tasty and hoppy, bitter but not too bitter. It's not one of those beers I would want to pound bottle after bottle but one at a time they are quite nice on a cold day.

Oh and while I'm on the topic while at Barleys for a happy hour I had the Dogfish Head "Raison D'Etre" (Translated: my reason for existence) on tap which while good just seemed to be far too complex for my palate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home