Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Cocksuckers.

I used to wonder what my grandfather used to get so angry about, I mean the guy was ALWAYS angry about something that was happening in the world. We would come to visit and he would be raging about something, it would be Christmas and he would be raging about something and you know when I was a boy I couldn't understand what the big deal was. I'm starting to get it these days, I seem to remember a saying "If you're not angry it's because you're not paying attention" and for me that seems to be the case. I can't help myself, I was listening to NPR on my way over to Damons for a happy hour and every story just kept feeding my rage.

Let's see there was Columbia Gas telling us that luckily because the winter has been warmer than normal that the average gas bill will be going down. They mentioned something about cheaper rates but you know what who gives a flying fuck, the average bill is going down because you are running your heat less and has only a little bit to do with the fact that Columbia Gas decided to drop their rates 1/10 of a peso. After the story about Columbia Gas NPR went on to say that the average salary for CEO's in the US increased by 30% (last year it was 15%) and that of the top ten bread winners all were from IT companies that underperformed. I really need to get a job where they pay you heinous amounts of money regardless of how badly you fuck up. What a fucking joke. NPR went on to say that because of Jack Welch's (Ex-CEO of General Electric)ability to get GE to pay for his NY apartment, dry cleaner bills, catering, florist expenses and his NY Knicks tickets for life that the government was going to watch companies a little bit closer in how they compensated their CEO's in retirement. What a joke I mean come on if you made 900 million dollars in your tenure you'd think that maybe you had saved/invested about half that and are sitting pretty. I mean WTF, why would you need your apartment paid for and all that other shit if you probably have only 10-20 years left in your life. If you can't make 500 million dollars last then maybe you aren't that great of a CEO.... bunch of cocksuckers.

To top it off NPR went on to tell how the government approved some small business loan that gave over 3 billion dollars to small business that were affected by the 9/11 attacks. There just happened to be an investigation to look into who got the money and of the 50 companies they talked to only 9 actually needed/deserved the money. The other 41 companies were like "Money because of 9/11, really? Come on we're just a dog grooming company in South Dakota." The final icing on the straw was when NPR started talking about FEMA and how they didn't know that the levies broke in New Orleans until 24 hours after it happened. NPR went on to say that FEMA did not also realize the dire situation of all the evacuees in the stadium, and how there were gang members taking pot shots at the helicopters that were providing supplies. WOW! I mean come on you have to figure that FEMA has at least one fucking T.V. in their headquarters and maybe just maybe it is tuned to CNN or at LEAST Fox news. Then again maybe that is the problem maybe they were turned to Fox News and all Fox was doing was touting the new line of Presidential horse shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home