Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Monday, February 13, 2006

Ouch my head.

There are many things that cause my head to go ouch, I'm not talking ouch like I've got a headache more like ouch my brain could not comprehend what it just saw and now must shut down. Robot Chicken does it too me and so does an Anime show called Azumanga Daioh. Azumnaga Daioh is one of those shows that sort of defies what most people think about Anime. There are no big guns, scantily clad girls, giant robots, large epic themes, world ending battles, tentacle sex.... err well you didn't hear that last one from me. It (Azumanga Daioh) reminds me much more of Ranma except that the subject of Azumanga Daioh is even more normal. Ranma is about a bunch of martial artists that all somehow know each other and all for whatever reason visit a hot spring in China. While training at this famous hot spring each martial artist fell into one of the hot spring pools where some animal or person died. From that point on when they are dosed with hot water they turn into the thing that died in the pool, and when they are dosed with cold water they turn back to themselves. Err in hindsight after describing that it makes Azumanga Daioh seem positively sane. Azumanga Daioh is about a bunch of highschool friends going about their daily lives in highschool, there's really nothing all that weird about it.... well there is this chick he keeps blushing every time she thinks of cats and who when trying to pet a cat always gets torn up. It hurts my head only because the subject matter is so normal and then it will break into some spastic hyper surrealistic mode whereby my brains only response is to either shutdown or explode. The cool thing is that it like many other Anime shows was a Japanese comic book and it captures the feeling of an animated series done in comic strip like segments. Did I mention that there are cats with giant shark sized teeth.... ooooh the horror.

There's work too but I'll get to that some other time. Oh and if anyone needed a little somethin somethin to tuck them in I've got a picture that makes me look like that alien race in X-Files that closed all visible orifices on their face to protect themselves from the black ooze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home