Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Flossing, my anti-drug.

Tuesday was my bi-yearly poke and bleed appointment with Herr Dentist. I swear going to the Dentist is a lose lose for me, I brush two times a day, I floss and still there is always something for me to come back for. You name it cavity, replacing of a seal, bleeching, root canal, adding another gold tooth to my magnificent mouth always something. I've been pretty good about my flossing of late, I've been doing it on a regular basis so I was positive that on walking in and receiving my cleaning that there would be none of this,

"So how's flossing been going, have you been doing it on a regular basis?"

Naa naa baby the hygenist must have sensed the general healthiness of my gums and thought,

"His gums look far to healthy, I shall practice my WWII bayonet technique lunge, stab, and retract> on his gums."

Half way through my cleaning I get my favorite little how's the flossing going question. Come on woman my fingers have permenant indentation marks due to all the jabbing and stabbing that you are doing with those dental picks. I actually felt that I had to defend the blood trail found on my little bibby to my Dentist otherwise I was afraid he was going to send me home because there was too much blood in my mouth to actually see anything. He actually did that once, there may be nothing worse than having to come back to the Dentist not because you need to have work done but because your mouth if so filled with blood that the Dentist can't see your teeth clear enough to evaluate them. Having DK (Dentist) look at my teeth is always a questionable decision, I swear DK is probably some mutant Dentist that was crossed with one of those cavity sniffing dogs. Just by the use of his trusty ol' dental pick the man can find a cavity three years away from happening just by a casual poke. I keep asking him how he finds all these cavitys and he keeps responding to me about how a healthy spot on a tooth feels different than a spot that has a cavity when poked with a dental pick. Something about the dental pick sinking into or being a little tacky when it pokes a future cavity. Whatever, this time no cavitys, no return checkups, no sealent fixes.

If you needed a dose of he who is RA let me lay down another one of the great deeds of RA. When RA was in school he didn't feel the need to take world history as he knew all of it already. Which makes sense really if you were a God and had been around since the big cosmic fart then I'd imagine you wouldn't really need to take history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home