Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Can't buy me wuv.

This mornings chart toping hit wasn't as original as "A Kick in the Ass" however I believe it was "Can't Buy Me Cats". I had to change that because well it sucked, my improvement to it was "Can't Buy Me Cats Love" but that's bullshit too all cats need are a warm lap and some food. In honor of one of Hallmarks greater coups, though honestly office assistant's day is even better, I will talk about all the things that I know of that can really piss SG off. Which reminds me there was this website where this guy Mil Millington talks about everything that he and his girlfriend Margret argued about. SG finds this site not even remotely amusing, Me? I think it might be one of the single greatest web opuses to date. I being terribly blonde and not overly bright never realized that it was a push for his book until SG came home with it one day from the library. I could talk of my love for SG, which I do love she and I are perfect matches but you know what yada yada yada bla bla bla lets get to the good stuff.

SG and I have been married for (looking at the inside of my ring)... holy shit over four years. Alright screw everyone, I can't remember when we got married though I do remember when we started dating, October 12, 1994. Why? Well because in my mind us getting married is just a continuation of our relationship, marriage was just a milestone. The concept that getting married changed our already solid relationship just seems silly to me. Oh and for those of you who didn't know, we are Highschool sweethearts.... though we were never terribly sweet to each other. There's just too much "T" ("Thinking") in our Myers-Briggs personality tests. My point on this overly long paragraph is that when you date someone for eight years and then are married to them for another four you've had some real knock out throw down fights along with gaining the necessary skills to really bother the shit out of them. The beauty of a good relationship, you never stop finding new ways to irritate your loved one. So lets start the list, God I love lists.


  1. The movie "The Professional", mention how much you love that movie and you'll see SG go 0-Rage in .00001 seconds.
  2. Talk about the work that you want to do on the house.
  3. Talk about work that you want to have someone else do on the house.
  4. Talk through your hand at her.
  5. Make a wide lip pucker face... I have no idea why.
  6. Talk to her for any length of time.
  7. Attempt to read in bed at night for more than 15 minutes.


Actually you know when I initially thought about doing this post I was sure I knew of more ways to irritate SG. To SGs credit she does put up with me, I mean when I'm in rare form there are few who are as irritating as me though my friend JP could give me a run for my money. With this sad and paltry list of irritations I believe I am going to go to Wikipedia and read about the origins of Valentines Day. Mwa mwa Happy Valentines day SG.

3 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger __ said...

1. We've been married for over three years. Check the month, genius.

2. We started dating on November 12, 1993. I...also don't know why I remember that, but at least my memory is accurate.

3. I wuv you, too.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Chris W. McCarty said...

The reading in bed thing really hits home. My wife never reads in bed, yet is usually still awake when I quit reading. BUT... the lamp is on her side of the bed, yet she'll never turn it off when I ask. "You were using it." Meaning I either have to A) get out of bed or B) perform some sort of Russian acrobat routine in order to hit the switch.

Nice blog.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger SFB said...

SG's favorite ploy is that no matter when I go to bed she is always JUST turning the light off. I can then of course sit in the chair in our bedroom and read by candle light while the thermostat drops down into the teens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home