Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Thursday, February 23, 2006

True North points to fascism.

If you ever thought that there should be more than one dimension on which you could describe you or someone else's political views then boy do a I have a website for you courtesy of SG. The basic concept is that instead of having a horizontal line where on the left is liberal and the right is conservative there are two lines that intersect each other. The vertical line represents how liberal or conservative you are in reference to social, political issues while the horizontal line represents how liberal or conservative you are on economic issues. I don't normally think about such things though honestly the idea that trying to lump all of someone's views into them being different shades of liberal or conservative never made much sense to me. I'm really not sure how SG finds all this stuff, I blame it on her overwhelming desire to read, sometimes I think that song "My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors" by Moxy Fruvus was written to describe her.

If you hadn't figured it out already mingled into this post are the political compasses of SG and myself. First person to guess which one is mine wins me leaving a message on their answering machine with the chart topping single "A Kick in the Ass". Kind of like Carl Kasell leaving a message on your answering machine after you win on Wait Wait! but much more whiny, grating, painful and disturbing.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I ended up down in the corner next to Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama.

Sweet.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Josh Glover said...

I also scored a Ghandi-esque Economic Left/Right: -5.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54. :)

I guess that SFB was the first graph, and SG the second. I am basing this on the fact that SG seems more economically leftist than does SFB.

If you feel like seeing a BackTrack, there you go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home