Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Monday, March 06, 2006

Grey fucking, gray Monday.

Silly me I thought that gray was spelled grey serves me right. Hot damn I need to start giving myself personal spelling bees as I am officially retarded when it comes to English. As if this blog weren't the single best example of my complete lack of a clue when it comes to English. Monday is drawing to a close and I finally gave up and opened the blinds in my office. I'm not sure what is worse not having a window and having no idea what it is like out or having a window and knowing the truth (You can't handle the truth!). Oh look even the weather gave into the heinously gray day, it can't even muster up the will to choose between snow and rain. Without a window one could imagine just about any type of weather, fields of daisies, giant Ents ho humming in the sunshine with hobbits skipping around singing "the fields are alive with the sound of Ent-ing."

This boring lack luster weather reminds me of this show I caught on the History Channel. Terry Tivo the Monster caught another show on Egyptology in it's jaws and laid it at my feet like a proud cat. I pretty much felt like a person feels when a cat carries a dead thing in it's jaws up to you and plops it down as if to say "I feel so sorry for you because you can't hunt, have my dead thing." Normally I would have patted Terry on the his Tivo icon for continuing my education on the history of Egypt. Normally. This time Terry recorded the show "Digging for the Truth" which I found to be the single most worthless program that I have ever watched on the History Channel. The title of the show makes you think that they might actually dig up the truth, but you'd be wrong. This show was about our host Indiana Bernstein traipsing around Egypt in every form of transportation but a camel. Now that I think about it why didn't they have him riding a camel, would have been dramatic, about as dramatic as flying over the Valley of the Kings in a hot air balloon.... oh wait they did that. The goal of this episode I think was to try to find where the mummy of Nefertiti was buried. You know digging up the truth and all. The not so short answer.... no one knows. Hurray that was enlightening.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger __ said...

Actually, both spellings are acceptable. I prefer "gray," but that may just be because I'm contrary.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger __ said...

Oh, and if you don't have a window at work, every day is gray, damp and cold until proven otherwise. Leaving work and finding the sky blue is always shocking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home