Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Monday, March 06, 2006

Realizations about ones parentage.

Today was one of those days where I couldn't be happy sitting around doing nothing and I wasn't in any sort of mood to actually go do something. SG which among having no irritating habits, the ability to fall asleep almost instantly also has the ability to keep her self completely occupied and content with doing nothing. Nothing drives me NUTS, bonkers, bananas, ape shit, the only other thing that I loath more than nothing might just be painting my kitchen and breakfast nook.

I've come to the conclusion about me and home improvement. No matter how good the intentions I have when I start a project by doing one thing it always leads me to something else that I NEVER wanted to do. Example: While prepping a section of trim I decided that I would put tape on the walls around the trim to protect the wall from overly enthusiastic sanding. I thought this was a great idea, a fantastic idea however when I pulled the tape off it turned out to be a rotten FUCKING idea. Why rotten you ask? The breakfast nook used to be have wallpaper and as I find wallpaper to be one of the single greatest cardinal sins in a home it was the first thing we did after we moved in. This being the first room and we not being used to the cluster fuck that our house is didn't think to prime our pristine virginal plaster walls. So take a guess what happened when I pulled the tape off.... YUP fucking took the paint with it. GAH! So right we were planning on painting the nook a different color I just didn't intent to have to do some light sanding and prepping before painting. Painting the walls will be the next cluster as I am almost positive that if I was to tape the trim I would remove the paint off the newly painted trim thereby making me have to rinse wash and repeat the whole process again. It's a conspiracy a damned conspiracy I tell you.

So why am I painting the trim in the breakfast nook and the whole entire kitchen? Previous owners, may the God of Easton smite them with a glowing hot baseball bat, painted over oil based paint with a latex paint and choose not to do any light sanding or priming. Our entire kitchen and breakfast nook looks much like I do three days after a bad sun burn, ohhh the peeling and the horror, THE HORROR. Oh and the realizations about my parentage? That I have got to get used to doing nothing otherwise SG is going to pierce me through the eye with a knitting needle as I have my Fathers issues with doing nothing. Nothing used to drive my Dad more nuts then seeing my brother or I doing nothing on a Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home