Sad Faced Boy

Merrrrrrrrrrrr

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Is that you Jesus? I'm sorry I mistook you for the Gardner.

Sunday when I was finishing the landscaping project at casa de SFB and I kept looking over my shoulder to see if Jesus was going to smite me as I was doing work on not just the Sabbath but also on the day of his rebirth. What can I say the weather was nice. Though I will say between looking for the Lords holy wrath and the potential stone being lobed at me by the passing devout driver it WAS quite nerve wracking. SG claims that when Mary Magdalene went up to Jesus grave the day after he was placed there she mistook him for a Gardner. So I figure right, if Jesus was doing some pruning of the burning bush while he was waiting for Mary to show up he may not mind me doing some landscaping. Don't believe me, fine make me open up a Bible will you.


At this, She turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.

"Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"

Thinking he was a gardener, she said "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him , and I will get him."

--John 20:14 - 20:16


See, John doesn't actually say that he was gardening but why would Mary think Jesus was a Gardner unless he was doing some weeding and what not. I wonder if Jesus would have been a good Gardner, come to think of it he'd be quite handy to have around. I mean if you can heal the sick, fix the lame, cure the blind then he should have no problem keeping black spot off the roses.

Why didn't someone kick me hard when I wanted to buy a house. This weeks task, digging up path stones, raising them up, leveling them with leveling sand and dirt and then putting them back down was a success. This doesn't all and all sound too bad until you take into account that these aren't your garden variety pavers that you get at Lowes. Nope this suckers are 4-6" thick and must weigh close 30lbs. When we first dug them up we thought that were actually stone when in fact they are some sort of man made baked clay stone, just 3 times thicker and heavier than current pavers. So my semi nefarious plan this summer is to get SG to do some of the gardening, it's not like she doesn't have a degree in Biology and a masters in Ecology and can name most of the plants in our backyard using their Latin names or nothing. Latin plant names.... well the nefarious plan is to tear out things that look like weeds. Not so nefarious you say? Well see I went to college for business and computers so to me anything that isn't flowering is a weed and it's life is thereby forfeit. I don't do this to be mean, I really don't know what is a weed and what is not. There is that and the fact that a lot of this "ground cover" in my opinion is a weed.... WEEED! So in the theme of all my home improvement jobs I am expecting the ground on which I leveled the stones to suddenly subside and look more like a giant British persons teeth sticking out of the ground than a path.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger __ said...

Well, of course, but isn't it more interesting to imagine Jesus pulling weeds or deadheading the crocuses than just twiddling his thumbs while he waited for his disciples to arrive? He surely wouldn't have been looking mournful.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger SFB said...

Right I mean at this point he's pretty much walking around displaying his holiness to those around him kind of like those people who walk around in public and then shout at some poor unsuspecting person.

Jesus: "How are you doing Ezekial, weathers nice isn't it?"

Ezekial: "It's alright... "

(Blinding light of Jesus becoming holy)

Ezekial: "AH! holy crap it's Jesus, wow that was a good one Jesus."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home